Saturday, September 20, 2014

Unrelenting by Travis Ludvigson: A review from the Void



                                                               Buy   UNRELENTING

Unrelenting:
A Northwoods Myth

By Travis Ludvigson
Unrelenting puts a modern day twist to a far older legend.  As I began reading, I felt immediately comfortable with the cast.  I found the author’s portrayal of each character easy to take in, believe, and adopt as truth.  This became a highlight throughout the well-written story.  The easier it was to believe how each person would react, the scarier this story grew.
I loved the tension between character personalities.  I got the feeling that because of their military service, each character has a bond with their fellows because of that shared experience.  I also had the feeling that without their common bond, some would not be friends with others.  There is comradery on display instead.  This is far more realistic than most casts in stories like this one.
In the opening, the group of friends has chosen to go on a camping trip together.  When they arrive and set up camp, everything is fine-until things go awry. 
No spoilers.
The author’s descriptive prose delivered these segments believably, realistically, and descriptively, some dark things did fester in my brain as I read them.  I found the story increasingly more involving.  At this point the reader has either invested themselves entirely, or not, I fell into the invested group.   The creature was cool- and by cool I mean the author knew his business.  Travis Ludvigson re-told the legend for fresh ears, and tied his name to it.  I really enjoyed the direction the story took while handling the creature.  There were some big surprises, and exciting action throughout Unrelenting’s  ending.
I was not disappointed.
Should you buy and read this book?  Yes.   One of the best features of this book is it delivers a short read, (it took me around two hours) that engages. 
To learn more about Travis Ludvigson, visit the following links:


 
 
 GET MORGOD

No comments:

Post a Comment