Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Features from the Void: Concerning Ways of the Stygia II

Ways of the Stygia

The Stygian Tongue:
Hardly speak Stygian?

Susteni-  (sus- tin- A)
Of Substance.  Matter.  Life energy.

Volta- (vul- ta)
Lightning, electricity- shock

Example:
Susteni Volta!
(Spell: Electrocute. Phrase definition: substance to lightning)

If you read my last article, you’re probably thoroughly confused.  If you haven’t read either Ways of the Stygia- Banner or Fallen Song yet, don’t worry.  I’m not giving away spoilers- per say.  I would prefer to think of them as offerings- or Easter eggs.
If you keep reading, you are definitely going to learn more about Ways of the Stygia.
I’m going to start out by saying I have big plans for the WotS universe.  First up are these articles, which I will try to keep up with indefinitely.  I don’t plan to flog myself weekly for facts regarding the progressing WotS universe, but I am hoping to not keep you in the dark going forward- pun intended.
The big news is Book one, the previously unreleased Cult of Morgod is completed.  The interior for the paperback is complete- the cover is immaculate…  I couldn’t be prouder of this novel.  It is absolutely one of my largest achievements in my personal life.  I’m also going to go out on a limb and say something here- it makes me sad to release Morgod.  I almost want to keep it for myself.  Because I am selfish.  I was selfish when I wrote it.  I wasn’t going to let someone tell me what to do in my own story.  Even if one of the largest publishers on Earth wanted Ways of the Stygia as a series whole, I would have to retain the freedoms I have given myself when writing these novels.  With my goal accomplished, in having Cult of Morgod unrestricted by any input other than my own, I have a finished product…  So why am I sad?
Because most of you have never heard of me, a lot of you will not read Morgod.  I believe in this book- the plot, the characters.  I hope you check it out.


Cult of Morgod has a diverse cast of characters, some recurring, and others, new to readers.  Some returning characters from the series are, Thomas Van Pelt, Henry, Franco Birat Oni, Banner, Kain, Loki, Saverus, and Lucifer.  These characters have several story threads within the novel, which takes place before Fallen Song, before recorded history.  Hell, if the events in this book had actually occurred it would have delayed written records…  
Here’s some of the goings on:
Morgod is a gruesome foe.  He spends energy well maintaining his image.  Thomas is young.  Franco’s a thinker.  Henry is Henry.  Many dynamics are different.  Loki sits on the Barren Throne, and Lords over Purgatory.  Saverus is bloodthirsty- but just, heroic even?  Banner is sent to deliver a message in a perilous mission, in a place once holy.  Hiratchi, the demon lord in Fallen Song shows the reader how he earned his reputation.  The first vampire, a lady I wrote a book about is born to the night…  Morgod, and his Revels (arc angels born in another galaxy) continue to decimate life on Earth…  Lucifer- ah the devil, well he has his own agendas…  You will see Kain in way you never have- Thomas too- You’ll meet Maku- the grandmaster…


I wanted this to be a special release.  I have put out several novels in paperback this year (purchase here) but Morgod, like Faus is special to me.  More articles will follow this one leading up to release day, and there will be a .99 Ways of the Stygia sale beginning on Sept 17th.  The sale includes both the Ways of the Stygia- Fallen Song (Amazon Prime Edition) (eBook) (Paperback) and Banner.  The last sale day for Fallen Song (Amazon Prime Ed) is 9/21.  Banner gets an extra sale day ending on 9/22.  This is a great way to get the entire series at once.  If the series interests you, I would encourage you to get ‘em while they’re hot.
 As a side note, you might be wondering something about Fallen Song, why two covers? 
My answer: The Amazon Prime Edition, the one with the B&W eyeballs, is not going to stick around.  It will be unpublished when the paperback reaches a particular sales mark, or by the original date Fallen song was published.  As for content, the Prime edition features the same story- unaltered- and a sample of Cult of Morgod.  Both the paperback and eBook have extra images not found in the author’s cut. 
Thanks for reading- more is still to come.

Donny Swords


Cult of Morgod will be live on the Amazon website September 19, 2014.


Follow Ways of the Stygia on Facebook

Primal
Publications



No comments:

Post a Comment